Adapt Overcome Prosper
Scan a patient in a mere 10 seconds. Both patients and referral sources will be amazed by the efficiency, speed, and advanced technology of the BioScanner™. Since registration marks are not required, there is no prep work involved. You simply click and go. Change the mode to Optical Stylus and instantly place landmarks and alignment marks as you scan.
Any portion of the body may be directly scanned for orthoses or prostheses. There is no size limitation. A miniature transmitter is placed on the body to accommodate for any movement. The BioScanner™ is able to image negative and positive models, allowing you to use the clinical techniques required for each patient. With scan-through-glass technology, you may position the body horizontally for a TLSO or utilize a weight bearing table for AFOs or foot orthotics. The BioScanner™ automatically corrects the refraction.
The precision of the BioScanner™ is as impressive as its speed. Capture shapes to an accuracy of 0.178mm. To further improve quality, the software streamlines the final scan to equally distribute the scan sweeps. You receive the most accurate scan available without added processing time.
For mobility, the BioScanner™ packs into its own travel bag so it goes wherever you do. In the same spirit of freedom, you may convert scans to AAOP files+ through www.noplaster.com or use the Bio Shape Manipulation Software++ and convert them yourself. For increased function, the BioScanner™ Tools were designed to enhance the scanning process.
+ Nominal fee applies
++ Conversion license required
- DUAL-CAMERA SCANNING WAND
- Two cameras capture more detail, faster and in fewer sweeps.
- MINIATURE TRANSMITTER
- Fits directly on the patient to compensate for any movement, ensuring an accurate scan without time consuming setup.
- OPTICAL STYLUS
- Built into the wand, it changes the laser line into a laser point to place landmarks as you scan.
- MECHANICAL STYLUS (OPTIONAL)
- An actual pen, it is used for hard to reach areas and those requiring maximum precision.
- SWEEP REGISTRATION SOFTWARE
- Automatically tightens seams between sweeps to produce the smoothest scan possible.
- SCAN-THROUGH-GLASS TECHNOLOGY
- Scan patients through acrylic or other transparent material for positioning and/or weight-bearing
- COMPUTER REQUIREMENTS
- 1GHz (minimum) 2 GHz recommended for RBF option 512MB RAM, minimum 1GHz recommended Windows® 2000 or XP
- EXPORT FORMATS
- STL - 3D Studio Max® - ASCII - AutoCAD® - IGES® - LightWave® - MATLAB® - Virtual Reality Modeling Language - Wavefront® - Open Inventor® - Visualization Toolkit - Polyworks® Scan
- SCANNING RATE/RANGE/ACCURACY
- Rate: 50 lines/second Range: 23 inch radius (56cm) from wand to transmitter Accuracy: Absolute - 0.178mm RMS (0.005in)
- Measurements shown in inches or millimeters
- USB only